Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cottage Garden Salvage

I truly wish my photos of the Garden Salvage Show at Monticello had turned out better. They just don't convey the wonderfully colorful eye candy the vendors brought to the show this weekend.


Cottage garden was featured prominently with only a couple of booths displaying quiet old world elegance. I only have one room in my home that fits the cottage look. It's one of the upstairs guestrooms....one we affectionately call the "Pink Room". Although, it may be changing to the "Yellow Room" tomorrow. I have to make a decision on the paint color today. Tomorrow I paint!!


I have soooo much to do this week before my Mom arrives on Friday. Her room is ready but there are piles of bearaphernalia scattered throughout the hall and upstairs landing. Things that need to be organized in the new studio closet that I started a month or so ago.

These things take time when you've got several projects going on all at once. I keep reminding myself that these things will get done and that my Mom is coming to see me....not my house. Although, in the back of my mind I can hear, "Aleta Kristine!", as she sees for the first time, that my house is not absolutely perfect. Happy Mother's Day Mom! I really can be Little Miss Messy!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Aleta
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog, the pictures are so beautiful and very inspiring.
Tina of TinyBear.