Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So many projects!

I feel like I spent the weekend running around in circles and didn't get near what I wanted to get accomplished. Oh well. I started a new list this morning!! It's a short week because of the holiday and I have company coming on Friday so I'm really going to have to be disciplined in order to stay on task. It's a good thing my car is in the shop! I won't be tempted to gallivant around like I have been.

I think Bill accomplished more in one day than I did all weekend. Hey, wait a minute. That's why I didn't get my things done!! The King of Distraction was home for four days!! He can derail my day in a blink of an eye. All it takes is, "Babe, can you come out to the garage and tell me if this is what you had in mind?" Off I go and I end up in the garage for a half an hour picking out just the right glass door knobs for a knob rack that needs to go to Monticello. Oiy!

It's all good though. I may not have gotten a thing done but Bill did!! He finished my mirror by putting the antique trim on it. Isn't it fabulous?!!! And hey, there's even enough left over for him to make another mirror!! So, Monticello may see one afterall....at some point....down the road a piece....someday. ;o) He also got quite a few pieces painted for me for my Halloween display. Aren't those black candle pillars cool? I'll tell you what....I'm really having a dickens of a time parting with some of these things. I love decorating for Halloween and those candle pillars are just the right size........hmmmm. Ha!

By the end of the weekend, Walker had the right idea. Take a snooze. Walker is one cat who really knows how to relax.

Have a supercalifragilistic kind of Monday!! Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. I'm saving the expialidoscious for tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Ooooh Aleta,
The trim on the mirror is exquisite! The candle pillars are wonderful - boy they would be perfect for a Halloween display! Can't wait to see how you use them in your house when you decorate for Halloween night "wink,, wink" LOL! You're a lucky gal to have such a handy fella!

hugs

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleta , Your things are sooo pretty. Are you having fun at Monticello? They are just the best , aren't they? Sue

Nancy said...

Hi Aleta...

Oh my...the mirror is fabulous! That trim just makes it.
Love the pillars...such a great size. Don't you just love the larger ones? You can do so much with them.

Walker looks pretty cozy there by the fire. Great photo!

Have a great day!
Hugs, Nancy

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hey Aleta,

That mirror is absolutely gorgeous! Nice to hear there is enough to make another one :)

My lovely roses arrived :) They are just gorgeous!!! I took some photos and put them on my blog. Thank you again,

Karen xoxoxo

Melanie Clark said...

Your cats always look so comfortable :) :) <3 Gorgeous!

Hugs!
Melanie