Monday, September 8, 2008

Coburg Antique Faire

We got up at 5:30am yesterday morning to attend the Coburg Antique Faire. Ridiculous, I know! Especially on a Sunday morning! Well, it takes two hours to get there, so in order to get the goods you have to go early. Sad thing is though, I didn't find much. Not that there wasn't a lot of stuff. It was packed! I just couldn't find what I was looking for. Most of what I REALLY liked was priced beyond my budget for resale. And, the pieces that I did find always seemed to have a SOLD tag. I hate that.

One of those particular pieces was the tall cabinet with the old window. Someone had taken an old window, mouldings and wood trim and fashioned a new cabinet. Excellent! But, sadly for me, it was already SOLD. Arrgh!

However, we did manage to find some of the same wide mouldings that were on both sides of the window at another dealers space so now Bill can whip up a couple of those cabinets himself! Whip one up.....someday. Ha! Add it to the list.

I have to say though, when we got home last night, Bill did draw up the plans for another mirror (only a bit smaller) like the one I showed you a couple of posts ago. I'm hoping he'll have it done by the end of the month. We'll see.

Anyway, though I didn't find much at Coburg (just two things and the mouldings) it was a great time because it was time spent with family. My girl, Brittany went along for the ride too. Bless her heart!!

Today, I'm trying to get back into some sort of working groove. Lack of concentration seems to be a problem with me of late. I have so many projects going and sweet things on my mind. :o)

Focus. Focus is my word for the day. Focus on one thing and get it done. Then move on to another one thing. I'll let you know how that works for me. Ha!!

Warmest Monday bear hugs, Aleta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I taller than you? Sure looks like it in the picture. ;) I am so glad I was able to go with you! Thanks for inviting me along!!

Brittany

Brenda said...

Hi Aleta,
Any day that includes mother and daughter time is a great day! Glad you had such a fabulous time and you know, I think Brittany IS taller than you LOL!

hugs,

Brenda