Monday, September 15, 2008

The decorating continues!

It's not quite there, but I'm working on it.....a little bit at a time. I should be done on Wednesday. That is, unless I happen upon another little bit of Halloween in a closet somewhere. Oh, that might mean reworking a display! ;o)

I swear, I have things strewn hither and yon. Well, not everything can go in those plastic tubs in the attic you know! Some things are too big. Some things are too fragile. And some things are bought on sale after Halloween and don't quite make it into the color coded black and orange storage tubs. Well you had to have guessed by now (OCD) that my storage tubs were color coded for each season! HA!
Some of my reproduction and old paper pulp pumpkins. I think I might have to rough up the one on the right. Looking at the picture he looks too new, doesn't he? Actually, that one looks like he might rough me up a bit!! ACK!

Now isn't that skull thingie kind of odd? It's actually a vintage bottle stopper cork dealiebob. It's kind of cool. Kind of creepy. My first skull. One is enough I think. I'll stick to paper pumpkins and black cats. :o)
This paper pumpkin has bears in his belfry! He looks a might ticklish!
Check out those pointy shoes! Note to self: I think a bit of shredded book paper needs to be tucked inside to soften all that black. The witch collage is made by Martha Kohley, Vintage Trifles. She makes the most incredible Halloween goodies. Do peek in on her blog if you get a minute.
Rounding out my picture allotment today is the centerpiece of my diningroom table.....at least for the moment. I've reworked it three times and I'm still not happy with it. It will get there. Eventually. :o)

Tomorrow, however, I'll be spending the day in the studio working on the design for my space in Monticello. My whole booth there will soon be completely transformed into Halloween!! Black and White and Orange.....OH MY!

It's late.....10pm. Time to call it a day. I hope your day was a great one!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

3 comments:

Patina said...

Wow Aleta, you have an amazing collection of Halloween! How fun, I guess I'm just to lazy to take all my knick-knacks down and re-decortate. Not to mention I do not know where I'd store it. Looks like you have a lot of space though. Pretty Cool!

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Aleta - I looks fabulous! Thanks for the kind words and showing my collage! It's always nice to see them again. Like running into an old friend! Hope to see you Friday at Blackberry in Albany or this Sunday at Deepwood?!? M.

Nancy said...

Oh Aleta...Everything looks so wonderful. Love all of the pumpkins...so fun! The little bears poking out of the pumpkin are darling. Love the lady and her hat.
Martha's little doll is lovely...ties in beautifully with your black shoes and feather tree.

I hope you will post when all is done. I know it will be amazing!

Have a great week!
Hugs, Nancy