Monday, December 17, 2007

Simplification!

This year I've intentionally kept the holiday decorating to a minimum. It's not the big "TA-DA!" that it usually is, with decorations in every room, but it is cheerful and merry. Simplification is key this year due to the fact that we'll be putting our home on the market January 1st. I don't have the luxury of a week to put everything away. In reality I only have a week to put everything away and get the house "show ready"!

To that end, I spent Friday and Sunday painting the laundryroom. Not a small task by any stretch of the imagination. There's not a lot of wall space to paint....just lots of painting around doors and cabinets and soffits. Lots of brush work! It's done now and I'm happily on to another project.....wrapping gifts and finishing up my Christmas cards!

I'll leave you today with a few pictures of my simplified holiday decorations. I made the wreath last year. It's a biggie! It's 36 inches across and has just over 200 ornaments on it. Now that was a fun project!! A mix of antique, vintage and new ornaments.....and a ceramic figurine from Bill's holidays as a child.

Ho, ho, ho and merry, merry warm bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. A little furry decided to pop his head up in the last photo! Bottom right. Ha!

7 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Simple is good Aleta! Whenever I think about getting a bunch of Christmas stuff, I think, where do I store it the other 11 months of the year. Love your pretty pics. Good luck on the sale of your lovely home.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Aleta!!! I'd imagine that your place is pretty "show ready" to begin with lady! I've got my fingers crossed for a simple, quick, pain free sale though! I've been there.

Shantell said...

Peek-a-boo, Max!!!

I'm bursting with joy for you!!! ;0) I'm continuing to send all my best wishes your way...which isn't far so they should get there in the wink of an eye.

Happy Merry Merry to you my friend,
Shantell

Sarah said...

Awwww luvre it Aleta! My tree (see blog) looks completely bald compared to yours, must see if I can get some more tree decorations! Max (?) looks completely perplexed about it all. Bless.

Hope you get your dream home and everything goes smoothly. Your house will sell in a heartbeat. It's beautiful.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Hugs, Sarah

Anonymous said...

How elegant and refined everything looks. I LOVE IT!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year Aleta.

Big Bear Hugs,

Theresa

Christine LeFever said...

Your tree is resplendent! Little "furry" is darling. I see another beautiful dressed form standing there. And your wreath is simply beautiful.

Christine

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Your home looks absolutely beautiful! Festive, yet calm and peaceful. Have a Merry day! Martha