Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The weather outside is frightful!

This is the start of the third day stranded because of the snow and ice. It's supposed to snow more tomorrow and even more this weekend. (sigh) It's only 12 degrees this morning and the wind is still blowing. Brrrrrr.

For many parts of the country snow is no big deal. They're prepared for it. For Pacific Northwest cities, having a green (as in green grass and bare roads) holiday is the norm. Snow is not normal here. When it snows here, people lose all sensibility. They venture out in their cars and end up skating across freeways and highways playing bumper cars along the way. What on earth makes normally sane people get in cars worth thousands and thousands of dollars and venture out, only to end up as ornamentation around a light pole? I just don't get it!

Anyway, so I'm stranded. Stranded with Bill. He's in the office all day fielding phone calls from people wanting fireplaces installed and working on paperwork. In the office. In the office where the computer is. Bummer. No blog or chat time for me these past few days. I've been getting a lot of projects done though!! More on all that tomorrow.....I've commandeered the computer!! Ha!! Early mornings anyway!

Warmest bear hugs from the East Hills of Portland, Oregon! :o) Aleta

P.S. I'm dreaming of a GREEEEEN Christmas. Just like the one's I used to know. Where the treetops listen and children glisten, from rain, raindrops cold and wet...... :o)!!!






4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Good morning, Aleta -
Who ever thought we would beg for a rainy, wet Christmas? It's sounding pretty good to me right now! I'm over here in our part of the Metro area, staying inside and out of trouble. I've cancelled everything for the rest of the week or until this freezing weather leaves us. I'm getting a lot done, too. Things I had only hoped to have time to do. Stay safe and warm, my friend.
~Adrienne~

Brenda said...

Aleta,
Sorry your having such miserable weather - we have green grass LOL! I'm still riding my bike, but I pretty much ride it all winter, even in snow. Hope it clears up soon for all of you. Maybe Santa needs to bring you your own computer - I'd go crazy having to share one again.

hugs,

Brenda

Monica said...

Hi Aleta! Snow and cold here, too! I wish I could live in California!...
But snow at Christmas is something enchanting, isn't it! Even with INSANE people around! When you have the free access to the computer, please have a look to my previous post (some snowy pink pics I took in my garden!).
Warmest bear hugs to you, keep warm and safe, these days!
Monica x.

Bailey and Max said...

Oh Aleta, the snow is almost gone and I am sad. Your pool looks beautiful surrounded with the white stuff. I can not believe that I missed the open house at Monticello. I guess there is always next year. Fran