Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pink Rosettes or Green Frogs?

The bunnies in the nursery have been waiting very patiently to find out if they stay or if they move into the pink guestroom.

Would I have to take the pink rosettes off the curtains and attach little green frogs? Would the room be filled with big splashes of blue or stay with splashes of pink? Oh, the waiting to find out!!!
Everyone was taking guesses whether Brittany was having a boy or a girl. I kept my guess a secret. I would look at boy things and girl things and listen to and make comments on choices for both gender names. I have to say though, the crib I picked out might have been the tiniest hint as to my guess. I played it off though saying that a grandson wouldn't look over the edge of the crib and tell me, "Nana, this is a sissy bed!" Most everything in my house has fancy detail. My crib. My house. My choice. Nana's can do that you know. ;o)
So, when the day came for the sonogram I was on pins and needles. When I answered the phone the first thing out of my mouth was, "Is it a boy or a girl?!!" Brittany, the sweet stinker that she is, wouldn't tell me unless I told her what my guess was. I told here I thought it was a girl. Then she asked what Bill's guess was. He was guessing a boy. "Okay, okay! Which is it?" I asked.
It's a girl!! A sweet little princess we are all just soooo excited to meet. She's set to make her debut May 5th. I suspect she'll arrive in April just like her sweet stinker of a mom. We'll see! In the meantime, the bunnies will remain in the nursery as will the pink rosettes on the curtains. We'll save the green froggy's for the next arrival. ;o)
There is so much to be done. The crib will arrive in January. Oh my! That's right around the corner!! The time will arrive in just a blink!! And, Brittany and Jeremy's nursery needs to be ready too!! So much to look forward to in the New Year!! And, so many pictures to take of the progress!!
Warmest bear hugs, Aleta



12 comments:

Tami Eveslage said...

Congratulations! Lovely news for a pink Thursday! Yes it will be hear in a blink.
Hugs,
Tami

Lola Enchanted said...

very cute!

Brenda said...

Aleta,
I'm so excited for you. Some people don't want to know what it is, but we knew our grandchild was a boy before he was born and I think it helped me imagine what he might be like. Of course it will go by in a blink and if you blink twice, she'll be in school - it goes by that fast! Have fun decorating!

hugs,

Brenda

Nancy said...

Oh Aleta...I am so happy for you and Bill. She will be a blessed addition to the family. And "Nana" will spoil her rotten...that is what we Nana's do!!

Have fun making all things pink!
Hugs, Nancy

Bumpkin Hill said...

I'm delighted for you all Aleta, this little girl will have the prettiest room ever I am sure - lots more pink times to come :) Merry Christmas x, Catherine xx

Laura Lynn said...

How exciting Aleta!!! I hope you have so much fun!!!

Adrienne said...

Congratuations Nana Aleta! Little girls are so much fun - but little boys are great, too. Either way I know you and Bill would be thrilled. Our first grandchild was a girl and we absolutely reveled in pink and ruffles and bunnies and bears. Now, one more granddaughter and four grandsons later we can't imagine life without each one of them. What a big difference they make in our lives. You're going to have fun! I can't wait to see the nursery. I'm glad the bunnies get to stay - they are so sweet and such elegant ladies.

Stay warm and safe through these next few snowy, icy, c-o-l-d days. Don't come down off the hill unless you absolutely have to! I'm staying in, too.
~Adrienne~

Shantell said...

Ooooh Congratulations, Aleta!! I suspect as I stare off to the north I shall begin seeing a soft glow of pink illuminating from your home. Enjoy these last few months, they go by so fast when it's someone else. LOL

Love and Blessings to your and your family,

Shantell

Lisa Kaus said...

Just a note to say congratulations and you must be so excited... My my, you are going to have so much fun!
xo
Lisa

melanie said...

Oh Congratulations and what a wonderful room you are creating for your grand daughter, it sounds like every princesses dream. You must share photos of both yours and your daughters completed nursery's, I can only imagine that they will be positively beautiful.

love
Melanie Jayne

Draffin Bears said...

Congratulations Aleta ~ you must be so happy!

The thrill of your sweet baby princess in her pink bedroom must be delightful.

Stay warm ~ it must be so cold over there.

Hugs
Carolyn

Monica said...

Congratulations, Nana-to-Be! This nursery is something to die for!! Beautiful, Aleta!
And the Bunnies... just gorgeous!
Hugs,
Monica x.