Monday, July 7, 2008

Wake me when the coffee's ready.


Does anyone else feel this way after a long holiday weekend? Good grief. It took me three cups of coffee just to clear the cobwebs this morning!! I think it comes from too many days of sleeping in!!

It's high time I get back into my normal routine! Enough lollying around already!! I'm rested and relaxed and I've made some decisions.....one of which is cancelling Flourishes August 16th Flea Market. There is simply not enough vendor interest to move forward with it.

Instead, Bill and I will participate in Joe and Jermonne's Barn House Flea Market on July 26th!! We are really looking forward to setting up one single booth in Flourishes style rather than eight so-so looking booths just to fill up space. That was a learning experience.....and it was nuts!! We're also looking forward to someone else running the show for a change. Yippee!!

Mark your calendars.....July 26th!! It's going to be a great time!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. That's Mr. Fancy Pants with a pedigree, Walker. He's not keen on having his picture taken. Neither is Gracie. They both give me this face whenever the camera comes near them. Picture poopers!! ;o)

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love the look on Mr. Fancy Pants' face! Miss Savannah gives me the same look when she sees my camera pointing her direction. I'm sure they are saying, 'Oh, Pul-eese!'

Glad you are getting some rest and that you have made a decision about Flourishes that works for you. I'm sure you won't regret it. We want you to take care of you so we can see you around once in awhile!
~Adrienne~

Shantell said...

YAY for YOU!!! I'm so happy that you are rested and made such a wonderful decision.

I love Mr. Walker Fancy Pants. He looks so reserved and well mannered...little does he know I've heard stories. LOL

Hugs,
Shantell

Christine LeFever said...

What fun! Good idea to ixnay on a vendor weak show, Girl! (and Boy!)

Mr. Fancy Pants is beautiful even though he is a "picture pooper.

Have fun on July 26!

Christine~Zwee!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Oh Aleta...I am so happy for you! I am sure that is a huge weight off your shoulders...you will have a wonderful summer without the extra worry...how exciting for you.

Your kitty is beautiful...what a lovely face.
Have fun at Barn House!!

Hugs, Nancy
PS...You are a blessing to me as well!!

Sarah said...

Oooh that's one scowl! If you use the flash with our Alfie, his eyes come out pink in the photos! Ooer?

Rest up and as you say, let someone else run the show for a change.

Hugs, Sarah x

Barn House said...

We must be crazy...I mean really crazy. You, Bill and the family made it seem so easy! I think you tricked us!!! ;o) Thank you so much for even considering to come to Barn House. We look forward to spending the time with you. And we will certainly be calling you for some guidance.

J & J