Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A most lovely surprise!

Never did I imagine I would receive such a lovely surprise in my mail yesterday. It was a thank you gift carefully wrapped in pretty yellow tissue and tied with soft, pink fuzzy ribbon. I carefully unwrapped my gift and simply could not believe my eyes. A handmade tabletop quilt!!!! Yellow and pink with lace inserts and a sawtooth edge!!! Oh my!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather!! What a treasure.....and all mine!!

If only you could see the detail in this most marvelous quilt. Each corner exact. Each sawtooth, perfect. The textural element of the lace. All hand tied with pink floss. It's a work of art!!! Oh my gosh, you should see the itty bitty hand stitching on the back. It's simply stunning!! I'm absolutely over the moon!!

This most glorious gift given with such a generous spirit. For now, it is topping the desk in one of my guestrooms. It looks as if it were made just for this desk, doesn't it?!!

I believe there are Earth Angels. Theresa, you are one of them. Thank you so very, very much.

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Aleta,

I just didn't have words enough to thank you...so I thought actions would speak louder then words. :) We all need a surprise now and then and your Birthday bear was mine... so I wanted to send a little of that back to you. I'm so glad it made it to you safely and that your happy with it...nothing pleases a crafter more then that. :)

Big Bear Hugs,

Theresa

PS...Thank you for the photos it does look lovely on your desk.

Brenda said...

Hi Aleta,
I looks absolutely gorgeous - aren't surprises wonderful!!!!!

hugs,

Brenda

Laura Lynn said...

WOW Aleta!!! That is simply beautiful!!! I LOVE how you have used it in your lovely display.

All Bear by Paula said...

What a happy post. Such a pretty present and a beautiful photograph of it in situe! Aleta, your guests must think they're napping in heaven when they visit!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't wait to see it for real. It matches perfectly in your pink room!

Love, B

Unknown said...

Wow, truly gorgeous. I really appreciate all that handiwork that goes into quilting because I'm all thumbs and can't quilt to save my life! And oh so perfect for that desk!

Folksie Linda said...

what a beautiful quilt and such a nice thing to do... i believe in earth angels too......
Hugs, Folksie Linda

Diane Duda said...

Hi!
I just came here via Danita's blog. (I love her too!)
I'm so happy I came by! Everything is so pretty. I'm loving your little vintage teddy bear collages.
If I didn't have a headache I'd stay and read your whole blog.
I'll be back later for that!

Diane