Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Great Pumpkin Caper!

One of my recent artistic journeys has led me to collect antique photographs and postcards of children with their teddy bears. I've amassed a goodly sum of them now and have been photocopying them for use in my mixed media/altered art projects. The picture to the right is one such project. The little girl reminds me of myself......determined to go the distance with her teddy bear in tow. My family will recognize the teddy bear as my husband Bill. Bless his heart!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

5 comments:

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Very very cute, just adorable. Love the way you've dispalyed it too, Aleta :)

Ijsbeer said...

Great display. And the comment about your husband made me laugh. I love old photos. But haven't seen any with teddybears. Yet at least.

Anonymous said...

I pictures this completely different when you were discribing it to me and it looks way better than what I pictured in my head! :) I love it!

Anonymous said...

How lovely and a great idea too :)

Hugs,

Theresa

Brenda said...

Aleta, how cute is this! Don't you just love old photos and what you can do with them? It's really lovely.

hugs,

Brenda