Monday, October 1, 2007

Is it really October? Already?



I can't believe it! October? Really? I look out the window of the office. Yup, it's raining. October....and the leaves are beginning to show their autumn glory. Beautiful reds, oranges and golden hues dress the trees where once shades of leaf green ruled in the splendor of summer. (sigh)

Well, if it must be October, then let's roll out the pumpkins!!! It's time for apple cider, crackling fires, woolen blankets.....and Halloween!! Oh goodie!! Halloween is my second favorite decorating season!!

Mind you though, I don't do scary Halloween. No skulls and bones and gore for me. Ick. I like mysterious witches, funky old paper mache pumpkins and artist made Halloween lovelies. In the coming days, while I run around like a lunatic finalizing details for my show this weekend, I will post pictures of some of my favorite Halloween goodies.....old and artist made. You're in for a Halloween treat!!

Warmest autumn bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. A Jolly Halloween sign was made by Martha Kohley, Vintage Trifles. I have a link to her website over there to the left.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Aleta!

Thanks for the link!
It's always great to sit here in the UK and hear how the seasons are changing 'across the pond'. The leaves on the trees here aren't changing too much yet, you really have to make a point of looking to notice!
Beary hugs, Sarah x

Lisa Johnson said...

Aleta, where is your show at this weekend? I would love to buy one of your bears someday, need to save my pennies cuz they are awesome! I just love em! Have a great rest of the week!

Lisa

Aleta said...

Zoinks!! Thank you for the reminder, Lisa! I posted the information over to the left with the picture of a couple Truly Silly! bears. :o)

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Auntie Joy said...

Aleta,
I wanted to let you know I added you to my favorite places to go as I check in on you almost daily. If I don't get to go with Cindy to Alameda perhaps Lisa will let me tag along to your sale this weekend. I love your work!
JOY http://antiejoy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Dear Aleta,

I'd love to see a group shot of all the bears you made for Sunday's bear show. I wish I lived closer so I could go. I love Halloween and believe it or not it was a Halloween bear I saw of yours (for the very first time) that made me love your work. It was a few years back when you were Willy Nilly Be Silly. I think her name was called Katherine... she was a wonderful witch bear. Anyway she's always stayed with me mentally as one of those items I didn't get. It's funny how stuff like that sticks with you sometimes.

Big Bear Hugs,

Theresa

BumbleVee said...

I was almost bemoaning our collective fate on my own blog only yesterday... October.... already.

Before you know it we are going to be falling behind on Christmas never mind Hallowe'en stuff.... arrgghhh ! ....why does it have to spin out of control about this time of year (and it seems to do so every darn year!) Must make a better plan...must make a better plan..must...

Good luck with your show Aleta!!