Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Willow Nest!!

This past Saturday was the Willow Nest summer event. Oh my, my, my!! The lovelies and the pretties were in great supply!! All my favorite vendors were there including Martha Kohley, Vintage Trifles; Cindy Dockins, Tarte; Carrie Harman and her gal pals from Adorn; Randy, Madison Park; and of course, Linda and Ludmil Marcov. Fabulous, fabulous people!! Oh, and someone new to Willow Nest.....Joe and Jermonne, Barn House. I signed up on their mailing list.....they have great style, amazing stuff and great prices!! They'll also be presenting goodies during Monticello's Fall Premier Show, September 14th - September 30th. The link to Monticello is over there to the left under Lovely Places to Shop. If you're in the Portland, Oregon area, this is a must stop and peek in destination!! The next Willow Nest event is September 22nd!!! Mark your calendars!!

Sunday I spent helping my son take down wallpaper borders. Ugh! What a messy, messy job!! The first two rooms went lickety split. We were on a roll and feeling pretty pleased with ourselves. Give the dynamic duo a Gold Star!! The master bedroom border, however, was just awful. It came off in little itty bitty shreds. ACK! What a nightmare!! The bright side though, it's all down. Next we set a date to take the actual wallpaper down. Thank goodness it's just one wall!! I have a sneaking suspicion that it may come off in itty bitty shreds too. Bleck!! Hey Bee, wanna help?!! Justin makes peanut butter toast for lunch!! :o) Is he cool or what?

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of my Willow Nest treasures!! I finally found just the right petite chandelier for the yellow, green and pink guestroom!! Yahoo!! Right now though, I'm scheduled for some time in the studio. Have a grand day!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. The second picture and the last picture of the two fancy hens are the brilliant work of Cindy Dockins. She has the most wonderfully whimsical and romantic style!!! Cindy, get that blog started already!! ;o)





5 comments:

Brenda said...

Aleta,
I think my goal in life is to have one shopping trip with you, IF I could keep up LOL! Fabulous stuff!

hugs,

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments...I will get to work on my own blog soon!!
Cindy

BumbleVee said...

I see "the" theme again in your pics.... pinks, creams .. whites ... even a bit of peachy...yummy.

hey! for a peanut butter sani?/// I will pick off itty bitty shreds... oooooh, isn't that stuff awful?

We had some linoleum do the same thing to us...two days before the guys showed up to do some hardwood. It was a major sweatfest trying to get it shipshape. We were trashed by the morning they showed.

What is that old saying?...what doesn't kill us off makes us tougher? or something like that?

Wendy said...

ooooohhh...awwwww...look at all the oodles of treasures waiting to be found!! Don't ya just love antique shopping! Too bad I didn't live closer...I would definately be at those shows. :)

FrostingsNSparkles said...

I would LOVE to have been there!!