Monday, April 16, 2007

There's no place like home!


The suitcases are empty, toiletries put away and laundry started....I'm home! What a lovely anniversary getaway!! We flew into Reno, Nevada on Thursday and then rented a car and drove an hour and a half to Nevada City, California that afternoon. Several of my friends were showing (and selling!) their bears at the 24th Annual International Teddy Bear Convention, April 13-15th, in Nevada City. Upon arrival, Bill and I checked into a wonderful Bed & Breakfast, The Parsonage. No television, no internet, just pure relaxation. Oh, and yummy for the tummy breakfast!! Ahhhhh.

The show opened on Friday at noon and there was a long line to get in the door to see the artists showing their bears and wares. I love bear shows!! This was no exception. Probably the best part though.....I wasn't showing my bears. I was able to take my time and visit with my artist friends and really look at all the bears. The show was very busy....a great start to the three day event!!

On Saturday we headed back into Reno, Nevada. We always have a fabulous time in Reno!! Our favorite hotel? The El Dorado.....they've been very good to us. If you're in Reno, you simply must have dinner at La Strada. It's located in the El Dorado. Ask for Christopher to be your server. He's exceptional!! More often times than not we come home from Reno with a few pennies in our pocket. This time we came home with nickels!! Wahoooo!

Tomorrow it's back to work in the studio!! I can't wait!! Vacations are delightful, but.....there's really no place like home.

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. The house pictured is The Parsonage Bed & Breakfast.

No comments: