Monday, April 30, 2007

I finally gave in!

With temperatures in the low 70's these past three days I just couldn't resist the temptation to work in the back garden. All it took was a trip to the Home Depot to push me over the edge! Oh, the glorious color of flowers pushing their little faces towards the sun! You know, I think Home Depot may even use one of those aromatherapy machines that dispense wafts of freshly tilled dirt to get people excited about getting in the garden! Those dirty rotten scoundrels! Don't they know I have bears to finish?!! (sigh) I am but one little bear artist. They won me over with the smell of dirt!! Ahhh, but who really won?!! Not a flower did I purchase!!

I did, however, spend eight hours in the garden yesterday. Boy, oh boy, do I feel it!! I still have at least that amount of time again before the garden is really ready for bedding plants. It's a start though!

Today, I'll be in the studio stitching bear noses. There will be no gardening for me. I couldn't lift a shovel today, if I tried. Ha!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

No comments: