Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pink to Pink Wednesdays!

A week has gone by already? Whew!! I've been so busy working on several different projects I guess I lost track of the time. One of the many projects is getting all the baby shower invitations in the mail. It's a co-ed shower so we're not doing the traditional baby pink and pastels all over. Instead it's pink and black and silver and movie theme related.....Featuring Brittany in her debut role as "Mommy to Be" and Jeremy (nominated for Best Supporting Daddy in an Action/Adventure film. More pictures of all the goodies I'm gathering later!! It's going to be great!!
Another project still, is soaking, washing/drying and pressing all the antique linens I've gathered for pillows that will be for sale at Monticello.

I also designed three new bear patterns this past week. Only two are pictured though. Now to get them from pattern to mohair!!


And then there's the bassinet bumper for sweet baby. The bassinet will be going in the kids bedroom (red, creamy white and dark brown) so we wanted to stay in that color scheme yet still be fit for a sweet princess. I think we nailed it. It took a while for me to get the dimensions right for the bumpers but I think it turned out pretty cute. The nice thing is that the bassinet can be wheeled from their bedroom to the main living area and still fit in with their decor.



So, this is how it turned out....keeping it simple, which Brittany likes, and not too fussy.
Well, that's what I've been up to. Now you know why I missed a few days! :o)
Warmest Pink Wednesday hugs, Aleta




6 comments:

Monica said...

All is fabulous, Aleta! But don't forget to rest, girl!!!!!
Monica xo.

Adrienne said...

You are a busy lady! I love the old linens. But the bassinet is just downright precious. I had one like it for our daughter, all done in yellow and white. You did a great job with the bumper and the fabric seems just perfect. Can't wait to see the baby in it. ~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the bassinet and can't wait to get our bedroom rearranged to get it all set up!

Love, B

Ginie-Lee said...

The bassinet looks beautiful, I love the colours,
Hugs Ginie-Lee

Debora Hoffmann said...

Cute bassinet and bumpers! And I love the shower movie theme, too. Best Supporting Daddy...LOL!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hi Aleta, sounds like it will be a great shower! Perfect bassinet colors . . . for all your future grandbabies. Great job!!!

Karen