Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bunnies, Bears and a Monkey...Oh my!

I'm a couple hours early for a Pink Wednesday post....whoodiewhoo....it's still Tuesday!! I haven't done that in awhile. ;o)

Annnnyway....I'm back to designing. Well, sort of. I work while Miss Macey sleeps. She usually has a good two hour nap in the morning so I work like the dickens while she's in dream land.

I know she's being well tended while she sleeps. George watches over her and she has her absolute favorite, if we lose 'em we're all in BIG TROUBLE, bunnies. They're Bunnies by the Bay blanket bunnies. My sister got her the set....A Hare and a Spare. They come packaged in two sizes. I have the big one at my house and Brittany has the little one. The little one goes everywhere Macey goes. The big one stays at Nana's. It's the "safety net" bunny. The "at least we know Nana has the other one" bunny. Ya gotta cover all your bases!!

I took a little meandering path there for a minute didn't I? Ha! See, same me. Haven't changed a bit while I've been away. Oh wait. Yes, I have. That's for another post though. Onwards and upwards!!

Look at what I've been doing this past week and a half!! I'm designing bears again!! I drew up lots of new patterns this summer and now's the time to sew them up and see how they turn out. This first little batch is already undergoing a few changes. Here a tweek. There a tweek. Little notes and arrows scribbled all around.

I'm loving the smaller traditional style bear to the left. Oh, and the stick style bears are turning out better than I'd anticipated. At least, so far. I made two sizes out of this particular design and added paw pads to the larger size. Stitching the face will tell me if this design is a keeper or not. We'll see! I hope to have at least one bear finished by the end of the week. You'd better cross your fingers though. You know how topsy turvy things can get around here! Best laid plans and all that.....

Warmest Pink Wednesday bear hugs, Aleta

7 comments:

Diane Duda said...

That George is a lifesaver, I tell ya. :)

Bunnies and Bears and a baby.
What a life.

Theresa said...

Aleta, It's so good to see you creating bears again. I just love seeing your fuzzy creations.

Hugs,

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleta,
I wish you could do our flea market on the 12th. What a cute baby! Lucky you.

Brenda said...

Lovely to see your bears again, Aleta!! Can't wait to see them finished, but how could you not spend time with that bundle of cuteness. Hope you never lose those bunnies or you're in trouble LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

krys kirkpatrick said...

Thank-you Aleta for sharing Bunnies by the bay with your readers. We are working right now on designing new bunnies and bears for all those adorable babies.
warmly, krys

Nancy said...

Hi Aleta...So glad to see your little menagerie of bears. They will be wonderful as always!
Little Macey looks so peaceful and sweet sleeping. I used to love watching my little grandson sleep in my arms.

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Nancy

Bumpkin Hill said...

Hi Aleta, it's been a while since I popped by. How lovely that you get to see your little Macey every day. I too have been in bunny mode, lots of bunnies in our garden inspired me to create my latest Bunny Print balancing in a tier of antique tea cups. Just love Bunnies and Pink! Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Catherine x