Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's that in the bottom of my pool?


I could hear the wind howling outside as I got up to feed my cats. It was 6am and still dark outside so I flipped the outside lights on in the back garden to see how everything was fairing. No sooner had I turned on the light when a big gust of wind, and I mean a BIG gust of wind literally picked up one of lounge chairs AND my potted palm tree and threw them into the pool!!! I kid you not. It is a scene that keeps playing over and over in my head. Imagine my shock and horror! "OH NO!! WE HAVE A LOUNGE CHAIR AND A PALM TREE IN OUR POOL!!"

All was completely calm again late yesterday afternoon, but not before much damage and destruction had been done around the Portland area. Some people lost their entire homes when trees fell, knocking them completely off their foundations. Mother Nature has officially put us all on notice that it really is November in the Pacific Northwest!!

Today is sunny and absolutely beautiful. Not a cloud do I see. Oh that Mother Nature....she can surely be a wicked one!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

2 comments:

Queen of Tarte said...

Aleta...I have a few things in the bottome of my pool also...I haven't fished them out yet...how do you keep your pool so blue in the winter??? Do you use baquacil???

Aleta said...

Hi Cindy,
I think part of the reason our pool is so blue is the color of the inside lining. I'm not sure what the pool guy puts in the pool to keep it so clear though. All I know is that it never smells like chlorine or chemicals.

Hugs and hugs, Aleta