Friday, November 9, 2007

Back in the studio...but just for the day.

After a whole host of distractions this week, I'm finally back in the studio....and sewing like a mad woman! I did manage to to get at least one thing accomplished this week. All the new baseboard trim is painted and ready for installation this weekend. That's right my dear blog friends, no fun adventures to the area antique stores for me this weekend. Boo Hoo! (sniff, sniff)


Instead I will be helping to measure lengths of baseboard. Holding it in place. Filling all the little nail holes and then touching up all the paint. I don't mind the work. Especially because I know I'll love the end result!!! I'll try to remember to take some before and after pictures.....


A lovely weekend to you!! Warmest bear hugs, Aleta




3 comments:

BumbleVee said...

Hah! I don't feel one bit sorry for you Aleta.

We have been renovating for over 20 years now... it is even getting to the point where we are re-renovating some rooms and bits because it is now 20 years since we did them ..arrrgghhhh! Once we get this bathroom finished...we, too, have some more baseboards to put down. Yep.. remember it well. Wish ours was all done.... sigh......

Shantell said...

So I don't know a thing about renovations and painting miles of baseboards...okay maybe I do a little bit...but I'd rather talk about the GORGEOUS wee bit of a sewing machine in your photo...what a fantabulous find that must have been or do you have a family/friend story that goes with it? I just love old sewing machines and what stories they would tell...that is if they could.

Delightful!!!

Christine LeFever said...

I've been so busy and so have had to miss your past two posts, Aleta. They are as lovely as can be, and of course, so is this one! Ah, yes fixing and such; I've been doing this sort of thing too as of late.

Christine