Thursday, November 6, 2008

From reference books and old photos!

I know. I missed Pink Wednesday. Sorry. Too many projects! No, wait. Not enough hours in the day!! Um-huh. That's it!! Not enough hours in the day. ;o)

Here are a couple of the projects I've been working on. These are part of my white, silver and gold theme. I was inspired by a picture in one of my Christmas books, one full of antique Christmas ornaments, to make the heart with the center bauble. I love the old ornaments with the tinsel! Though the tinsel is new on this ornament, the glass ball is actually an oldie.

The idea for the gift box came from the picture of the little girl herself. She's all dressed up for winter in her mohair coat and hat. Perfect for a little snow scene! This is actually the prototype. I wasn't completely happy with the ice cream cone look of the snow pile so I had to squish, squish, squish the form down until I got it right. I added bits of old pipe cleaner around the bottom of her coat and around the ruff of her hat giving her more of a dimensional effect. Vintage sheet music, antique tinsel, old chenille pipe cleaner, dresden wings and glitter!! Love, love, love it!!

Happy Thursday!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta


9 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Aleta, I love her!!! I love the look of it all ~ these are my favorite shades for Christmas, xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

As always, beautiful!

Nancy said...

Oh Aleta...they are so lovely. Vintage is so much fun...love it!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Nancy

Tina said...

Aleta - I just love your christmas projekts - all of them. They are all so beautiful and inspiring.
Many hugs, Tina

Brenda said...

Aleta,
These are lovely - what a talented gal you are! I just love old grqphics of vintage children,

hugs,

Brenda

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

oooh I LOVE them to bits!!!

I look forward to your eye candy this holiday season!!!! :)

Happy Fall!
xoxo Jenny

Beertje Zonn said...

Aleta, your bears are lovely!!!
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Hi, dear Aleta! Hope you, your sister and sister in-law had a terrific time - and that you were able to get work done too! There are never enough hours in the day are there.
The white, silver,gold theme is a beauty. I love looking at that wonderfully tarnished christmas bulb. It look so loved and warm. :0)
Have a great week! Hugs,
LuLu

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Adorable!!!