Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Pink Flamingo in Oregon?

Sure!! Why not? I actually found a pair of pink flamingos at Stars Antique Mall a couple of weeks ago. Cool, huh? No, I'm not crazy. Not really anyway!! ;o)

I bought them for the annual theme party we host at the end of July for the Good Bears of the World, Portland Paws chapter. This years theme is Think Pink!! We host the party in the back garden by the pool. Its so much fun!! Members are encouraged to wear or bring something pink. What's more pink than a flamingo? And hey, they fit in my tropical garden!! Double bonus!! Ha!

Anyway, that's where I've been this week.....in the garden....getting everything ready for summer fun. Summer weather in Portland officially turns sunny and hotter than the dickens on July 5th! I can hardly wait!! Yahoo!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww i want a pink flamingo :D

Folksie Linda said...

Love the pink flamingo Aleta, and i think in real life they are becoming extinct which is sad because they are so pretty of a bird. Hope it is wrong. Looks great in your garden! Sounds like a lot of fun! Wished I lived closer-he-he! Hugs, Folksie Linda

BumbleVee said...

Yeh...we could all come to the party! bummer........

Hey Grace.. maybe after the tea party Aleta will auction off the "birds" LOL ....

Aleta your garden looks soooo tropical..are u sure u are in Oregon?

Anonymous said...

Call me gullible, but this born & raised web-footed, Birkenstock wearin' Oregonian would believe it. ;o) (I don't REALLY have web-feet...but I do have Birkenstocks...five pairs to be exact).

Get out the umbrellas for those flamingos...I hear rumors the rains a comin'... boo hoo!!!