Saturday, June 23, 2007

Flea Market Today!!

The Willow Nest Flea Market was held today!! I went with a list of "Needs" but came away with bags of "Got to Have It's" instead!! I always go to the Early Buying session (8am-10am) having already stopped at Starbucks for a Venti, Sugar-Free Vanilla, Non-Fat, No Foam Latte. It's an early wake up to get there. 6AM on a Saturday!!

We arrived at 8:15 and already shoppers were carrying bags of treasures to their cars. I snapped a few quick pictures and then it was off to the races with my list in hand. Did I find anything on my list? Ummm.....no. I sure did find some pretty things though!! I'll have to post a picture of my treasures tomorrow. I filled up the blog picture bank to overflowing already!!

One thing in particular I was delighted to see....really beautifully done collage art. The type you see in the Stampington & Company magazines. I wish I'd remembered to pick up the gals business card. Though beautifully done, with a lovely beeswax finish, nothing she had today really had "Gotta Have It" stamped across it. I'm hoping she's at the next flea market though!!

I also came across these two bears sharing stories in a shabby pink chair. Shabby bears, shabby chair! They were just adorable sitting there together!!

The next Willow Nest Flea Market will be held August 18th. If you're in the Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington area be sure to make Willow Nest a must see stop. Remember, it's an event and not open all the time. If you click on my link to the left, I believe you will find the address on their website. It's definitely a don't miss!!

Next on the antique trail: The Portland Antique Expo!! 1850 booths!! July 14-15 at the Expo Center. Perhaps there I'll find something on my "Need" list!! Until then, it's back in the studio to try to get something accomplished before my guests arrive. So many things to do....so few hours in each day!!


Warmest bear hugs, Aleta


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oooh looks like lots of really great stuff there.....wish I lived closer I would definately go! Love the old chippy paint chair and table....and of course the old bears ! :)

Folksie Linda said...

Looks like fun Aleta, I love to do that and even if you don't find what's on your list.. it sure can get your creativity flowing! We have a big fleamarket here that is really nice and has great things and is called the Elephant trunk. If i can get hubby to bring me some Sunday... i am hoping to go.
Hope you had fun! Hugs, Linda