Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Multiples

Isn't it funny how, all of a sudden, you find things in multiples that you've never even seen one of before? For instance, those large paperboard churches I have pictured. I've never seen large ones before. Only little ones. This weekend I found two! One at an auction and one at an estate sale. Random!

Oh, what fun the auction was!! Bill and I hadn't been to an auction in years and years. On a whim we decided to go take a peek at the preview. You know, just to see if there was anything of interest. Well, you know how that goes. Before you know it you're signed up with a number in hand looking for a good seat!! Yep! Oh, but the treasures to be had!! Things sold in lots....as in many treasures in one box. I was like a kid in a candy store!! I had my auction list in hand, items circled and the price I was willing to pay noted. Bill did the bidding. Teamwork! :o) Three hours went by lickety split. Oh, and the treasures!! One of the best bargains was a whole box of vintage Christmas items for $2.50. $2.50!!! I know!!

Some of the other lovely things I found this past weekend were stacks of early leather bound books with beautifully detailed spines. The perfect thing to use when decorating. Never mind that they're written in German and I can't read a word of it. They're really beautiful books!! Then there are the old dominos....great for mixed media projects. Oh, and bundles of clothespins that are worn smooth from years of use! All tied up with string, they look marvelous in an old ironstone bowl. And last, but certainly not least, boxes of pink and aqua ornaments. Soooo pretty!

Anyway, it was a very good treasure hunting weekend. Most of which will go up for sale at Flourishes flea market June 21st. Bill says that I can't keep everything and that I must do a better job at sharing these goodies with everyone else. Party pooper! I wouldn't buy them if I didn't like them for myself. (sigh) At least they're mine for a little while! :o)

Oh, and I finally figured out how to do a picture link to somewhere else.....like my other blog!! Now you can click on the upper left hand picture (under the title Flourishes) and it takes you right to my other blog. Mind you, I'm not so chatty there. It's just a place for pictures of past events until I can afford to move ahead with a proper website. It's kind of fun to have the pictures of the shop in one place rather than having them scattered here there and everywhere. Now it's all neat and tidy! A little blog housecleaning, if you will!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta


4 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

Yes in deed you have been busy!! I love your new found treasures!!
JOY!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleta! The new blog is just FAB! And your finds, too- love all!!
Thanks for sharing with us 'one ocean's away'!!

Warmest wishes,

Monica.

Adrienne said...

Hi Aleta -
You found wonderful treasures! I love the books. It will be fun to see things up close and personal at Flourishes. Your other site is just perfect. Looking at the pictures brought back happy memories of being there. Can't wait for the next event!
~Adrienne~

Nancy said...

Oh Aleta...what treasures you have found this past weekend! Love the ornaments...I am always on the prowl for old Christmas ornaments. Love them! And the books and churches...
lovely. You do have a knack for finding the most interesting things. Oh, Bill...sharing isn't allowed!!

Have a great long weekend!
Hugs, Nancy