Tuesday, September 25, 2007

As Piglet would say....


Oh, d-d-d-dear, dear! There is always a first time for everything and today was one of those times. Oiy! My first clue should have been the trouble I had listing Simplicity in the first place. I actually ended up shutting down the computer and restarting it in order to stop getting an error message on my website. Like I said, that should have been my first clue that things were about to go sideways.

I'm going along merrily and the page loaded as it should and I was able to input all the information as well as download (or is it upload, I can never figure that one out!) the pictures for the listing. Because of all this trouble I was ONE measily minute behind my scheduled 5:00pm listing. So, what do you think happened? Two wonderfully fabulous ladies clicked on my listing at the EXACT same moment to purchase Simplicity. ACK!!! No, no, no, NO!!

I've never had that happen before. An icky heavy feeling has filled my heart. I had to e-mail one of the wonderfully fabulous ladies to tell her that she was edged out by mere seconds......probably a cat whisker. Boo-hoo.

On the bright side though....at least I hope she sees it as a bright side.....she gets first option on the next bear in that size range!! And as luck would have it, it's my most popular bear color besides panda colors....pale peachy pink!! Even better news, the bear is already underway because it was one I was taking with me to my show. I'd like to think that's the silver lining. Here's hoping anyway!!

Here's also hoping double purchases never happen again!! I think I need a Lemon Drop Martini!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

4 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Aleta,

I don't think I have told you this, but I think your bears are marvelous. I'm not even a bear person, I mean I like bears, but I am really picky about the bears I like and I love yours. Maybe someday I will be lucky enough to own one. You do such a wonderful job. Your bears have so much character. I know several others have probably told you this before, but it never hurts to say it. Best wishes,

Lisa

Bumpkin Hill said...

Simplicity is of course simply beautiful Aleta :)

Sarah said...

I'll agree with Lisa there! You have the great skill of being able to combine modern with a antique twist.
I love the eye candy photos of the antique fairs you go to too!
P.s Could we exchange Blog links ;)
Hugs, Sarah x

Ijsbeer said...

I can see why. Its so beautiful and cute. Hope the second buyer was happy too! I'd would think so seeing the bears you make:)

Have a great weekend!