Saturday, June 7, 2008

Scouting for red, white and blue!

The past couple of days I've been scouting out red, white and blue things. Why? Well, one of the booths I'm decorating for the Flourishes Flea Market is in this particular color palette. And you know what? I'm really into it!! How 'bout those cool tins? Oh, and I always, always, always scout for white ironstone pitchers. That little red stool is cute as a button and the quilt is in fabulous condition. What's even better about the quilt? The stitching is done in varying sizes of polka dots! Sweet!!

So far I'll be decorating five tent spaces in varying themes/colors!! I asked Bill to set the tents up in the gym so I could plan each one this week. He looked at me like I was from another planet. Yup. I'm from Venus. He's from Mars. Ha!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi Aleta -
I can just about imagine the look you got. I've seen something similar, I'm sure, more than once on the face of my sweetheart. The red, white and blue treasures are wonderful. So patriotic! In time for the 4th of July.
~Adrienne~

Christine LeFever said...

It's going to be fabulous come June 21st! And perfect timing as Mercury will be coming out of retrograde, just in time for the summer solstice!

Also, your Portland studio is so very beautiful, but I understand your desire for the Mt. Pleasant one. Who is to say you cannot be featured twice?

Christine ~ Zwee!!!!!!!