It's quiet and calm this morning. The rain is falling gently on the autumn colored leaves that have carpeted the front garden. I'm taking deep relaxing breaths. Oooohhhmmm. Why? Here is a sample of the rest of my week:
1. Unload all the cupboards in the kitchen, master bedroom and two guest baths. Counter tops will be removed on Tuesday making way for new granite on Wednesday. Yes, I do realize that Thursday is Thanksgiving. Bill assures me that we will have a working sink and cooktop by 9am on Thursday morning.
2. Sort through boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations. This will be a great project for me while my kitchen is being ripped apart. Booms and crashes from all areas of the house will disappear from my thoughts as Bing Crosby croons Christmas carols in the background.
3. Take pictures of my Thanksgiving Parade entry and get them to Lisa, pronto! The deadline is tomorrow. Egad! Tomorrow!
4. Prepare the guestrooms for......guests!! Yes, I have guests coming. Cross your fingers that the bathroom sinks will be back in working order.
5. Think hard about entering the TOBY's again this year....or not.
6. Work on a softie design for an upcoming issue of Art Doll Quarterly. Find out from Lisa exactly what constitutes a softie.
7. Design 5 handmade Christmas cards for giving in a card swap.
8. Start December swap project. Deadline: December 1st.
9. Put everything back into cupboards, sorting keepers and donations.
10. DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, deviate from this list and add anything new until next Monday.
I have my list now. Ready, set.......GO!
Warmest bear hugs, Aleta