Tuesday, August 14, 2007


It's my 40 something spectacular birthday today!! Actually, I'm 46 today!! After painting miles of new door and baseboard trim, I'm going to spend the rest of the day in the back garden.....weeding and deadheading!!! I think perhaps I'll indulge in a swim and a Lemon Drop martini too!! Life is grand!! I'm am so very blessed!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

P.S. Hi Mom and Bee!! Thank you for the birthday wishes this morning!! You girlies are the BEST!! (My mom actually sang the Happy Birthday song on my cell phone!! Is she cool or what?!!)

6 comments:

BumbleVee said...

HAPPY bIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU .... AND ..WHOOOPS.. you are lucky you can't hear my yodeling... it is terrible! Can't carry a tune in a bucket..but.. you get my message.

OMG. What a gorgeous yard. Looks like a park. Yes indeed, get out there floating around your cement pond with a martooni.... wheeeee!

Chrissi said...

Happy Birthday Aleta!! Hope all of your b-day wishes come true :) Your backyard is fantastic..boy oh boy!

HUGS,
Chrissi

Anonymous said...

Holy Molee, that's your backyard? It's gorgeous. I'll weed for a martini.

Aleta said...

Thank you!! Yup, that's my back yard....well, part of it anyway. It's a work in progress!! Every year I do a little something different. It's constantly evolving but the main theme stays unchanged.....tropical!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

lindaharre said...

YOur yard is to die for!!!!! Just luscious:D What a wonderful place to relax...............

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Aleta, your yard looks like a tropical paradise, may I come over? he-he! Anyway, Happy Birthday and I hope your day was as special as you are! I hope you enjoyed it to the fullness! Hugs, Linda