Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's getting there!

Halloween decorating is coming along.....slowly. Another couple of days inside and then we move outside. I don't usually do a lot outside. Pretty much just pumpkins in pots. This year will be different however. I have some beautiful Smith and Hawken glass pumpkin lights I'm thinking of stringing....somewhere. Ha!

Anyway, this is a picture of the formal livingroom. Warm pumpkin, whites and bits of black. I decorate around much of what I already have. A bouquet of cream colored fabric roses comes to life with the addition of those orange lantern looking flower picks and some antique noise makers/shakers. And, of course, no Halloween party would be without festive hats!!

The entry hall....black and white with bits of orange. Miss Manny loves greeting guests. Hand that girl a Boo-tini!

The familyroom mantle. UGH! You can't see it, because I cropped it out of the photo, but this mantle is ginormous. It's 5 ft. 8 inches up in the air, 6 ft. wide and 24 inches deep. A decorating nightmare because the ceilings in that room soar. I'm always in search for really big pieces. The problem with that is getting them up there. Get me the ladder and heave ho!! ;o)

Decorating at my house is not complete without the bears. Here, a trio of natty tatty old bears await their Halloween garb. Yup. ......costumes strongly suggested.....
Warmest autumn bear hugs, Aleta



9 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my, Aleta!!!! You did such a great job!!!!
Love your Fall decorating!
Hugs,
Monicax.

Myrna said...

Oooh! You've got the classiest Halloween decor I've seen! Beautiful job!
I just skipped over to Fall decor. Pop over for a tour if ya get a chance!
I LOVE your look!!
Blessings!
Myrna

Theresa said...

Aleta, I just love the way you decorate... you have such great taste. :) Plus I See your Art Rogers doll sitting there in the chair all ready for Halloween... It's a great piece. :)

Hugs,
Theresa

Sammy Girl said...

Love everything ... you do it up right!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Brenda said...

Aleta, it's fabulous! In a couple of years, you will have Miss Macey to help you - she'll be into everything:)

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Wow! Your decorations are amazing! Miss Manny looks stunning in the dress:)
Tracy

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

We don't decorate for halloween but it looks fun! But my Ma couldn't live with that big spider! I'd be ok cos I'm a Bear and therefore very brave.

:@}

Sammy Girl said...

Just a note that I included your beautiful house in my "color Halloween" post from today. You did a fabulous and welcoming dcor .... Hope you didn't mind my sharing.
Have a super week!
Betty :)

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hi Aleta, Thought I should pop in and say Hi! It all looks wonderful! I'm going to dress up my gal "Victoria" as a gothy witch soon. I have just the place for her by the stairs. Thanks for the inspiration! Karen