Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Friday before last Friday!!


There are times in your life when you meet people and feel an instant friendship. Such was the case the Friday before last Friday with Christine Crocker of Deerfield Farmhouse. Many of you recognize her name, I'm sure. Her doll Sophie was the inspiration behind Princess Mirabelle's design and creation!!


I had written Christine to say we would be passing through Madras on our way to Bend to visit my mom and thought it would be lovely to meet and have our picture taken together with Princess Mirabell and Sophie. We met at a wonderful little natural food deli in Madras. I wish I could remember the name.....the food was delish!! Bill and me and Christine talked of our families and deer and peppermint and tractors.....and a little about our art too. Although, funny thing was, we didn't talk art as much as you might have thought. We just talked and talked about life things like friends do.


Before we had to leave, Bill took a few pictures in hopes that at least one picture would turn out. I have this horrible habit of blinking with the sound of the camera shutter. Bill had to take soooo many pictures, by the end Christine and I were giggling!! It was such a great time!! A fabulous memory forever captured on film!!


Warmest bear hugs, Aleta


Pssst.....there is a link to Deerfield Farmhouse over there to the left. You simply must peek in on Christine's work!!


No comments: